Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Look What Punky Found ::
Shimmering Shack

CONTINENT'S EDGE by SHIMMERING SHACK

Once in awhile, as your browse the amazing treasuries put together by etsians, you come across something that simply takes your breath away.

Today, that happened to me. I want to share the talents of Shimmering Shack. And a big thanks to Suzanne at ThreePeats for finding it first!

Enjoy the soft peaceful colors. Enjoy the feeling that you are there, teetering on the edge of the earth. And while you are there, enjoy the rest of this talented artist's shop.

From her profile:
Inspiration rolls in on the breakers along the Pacific shores. Colors & moods shift with the fogbanks under the western sun. Light breaks through the marine layer, sparkles on the water, absorbs into the warm sand, rocks, & coastal vegetation.

Life feels simpler, clearer, more primal, in tune with the seasons, tides, weather & time. Sand warms your toes, wind cools your back, sun bakes your skin. Your pace slows as you listen to the rhythmic crashing of the waves & contemplate distant horizons & the Pacific’s deep mysteries. Your spirit lifts as you relax with the lizards & swim with the fish.

Here in Shimmering Shack's studios I’ve tried to capture the spirit of this place I call home. The contrast between the sparkling blue liquid of the Pacific & the toasty warm sand on the shores, the change of seasons, day to night; the slow passage of time to be savored at the edge of the continent, on the verge of the Pacific. The anticipation of travel, destination, discovery, & at last the realization of our oneness with it all. This is my inspiration. I hope that each piece I create carries a bit of this inspiration with it to you. Enjoy.

Here's the original Treasury, put together by threepeats:
Click it quick...it expires at 9am on September 10th.

1 comment :

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin